Alaska Mini Bowls are the perfect size for hot or cold dips and sides!
Slow Cooker Three-Bean Chili (GF, V)
- 4 tablespoons butter* or oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ jar of Trader Joe’s Corn and Chile Tomato-less Salsa
- 1 13 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The juice of 1-2 limes, to taste
- Shredded cheese*
- Sour cream*
- Hot Sauce
- Tortilla chips*
*If vegan or gluten-free, replace with your favorite substitution or GF/V version.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and caramelize onions by constantly mixing until browned and soft, about 6 minutes. Don’t be afraid to get some color on the onions and the bottom of the pan. Turn heat down and add garlic, stirring for 1 minute. Add chili powder and cumin and continue to stir for another minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, corn salsa, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, and salt. Mix to incorporate, and let cook for another minute before pouring into the crock pot.
- Slow cook the chili in a 5 qt. crockpot on high for 2-6 hours. Taste and add lime, starting 1 half at a time until desired taste is reached.
- Serve and garnish however you like!
All images and original recipe: Jennifer B. @ The Inspired Home