Our Alaska Mini Bowl is the perfect dip bowl for hot or cold sauces!
For the Marinade:
- 2 8-oz packages tempeh, chopped into 1” cubes
- 2 cups veggie broth
- ¼ cup toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar (or maple syrup, molasses, rice syrup)
- ½ small head ginger, sliced
- 3 large cloves garlic, smashed
For the Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade. Boil on the stovetop for at least 20 minutes until all of the flavors are fragrant and infused. If you have time to prep, store airtight in the refrigerator to marinate overnight instead.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
- Drain the tempeh from the marinade and pat dry. Place each cube individually on the grill pan or line up 5 to a skewer if using a large grill. Place down on a diagonal to get the best grill marks.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until the tempeh releases itself from the grill without too much force. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with grilled vegetables and raw vegetables to dip or on top of a salad. Enjoy!
For the full recipe breakdown and more gorgeous photos, visit Jennifer at The Inspired Home: https://theinspiredhome.com/articles/grilled-tempeh-bites-with-harissa-dipping-sauce
Recipe and all images: @theinspiredhome_com