Plated on Zion 10.5" Platter (Matte Beige)
1 hour 20 minutes
- 3 lbs. beets, mix of different colors if available, scrubbed and chopped into 1” cubes
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- ½ teaspoon shoyu, tamari, or coconut liquid aminos
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch thyme
- 8 oz. goat cheese
Optional: Pomegranate seeds for garnish, additional fresh herbs for cheese garnish
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine maple syrup, rice vinegar, pomegranate molasses, shoyu, and garlic.
- If using tri-colored beets, place them in 3 separated sections on the baking sheet to avoid the colors bleeding. Pour liquid mixture over top of each section until it’s been completely used. Place thyme on top and place in the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes and then turn up the heat to 400°. The glaze should still be rather fluid at this point. Stir and continue to bake for about 20-30 minutes until the glaze has thickened into a sticky consistency and the beets are tender.
- While the beets bake, line a 1/3 cup measuring cup with plastic wrap then gently press in goat cheese to form a cylindrical shape. Garnish with fresh herbs and pomegranate seeds. Serve cooked beets with goat cheese on the side and enjoy!
Optional: skip step 5 and crumble cold over top of hot beets instead.
For pro tips from Jennifer and more pics of how she beautifully plates this dish on her Zion Platter, visit the original post at: https://theinspiredhome.com/articles/easy-maple-pomegranate-glazed-roasted-beets-with-goat-cheese
Recipe & All Images: Jennifer Bravo @ Inspired Home