- 3 very ripe bananas (see notes)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup almond flour (from whole almonds-not blanched)
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ground flax seeds with 2.5 tbsp of water and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a bowl.
- Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, peel and mash bananas with a fork.
- To the same bowl, add in the melted coconut oil, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and soy milk. Stir well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Stir in the flax egg.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. Feel free to add more if desired.
- Add the batter to a loaf pan lined with parchment paper or lightly sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Your bananas should be very ripe with lots of brown spots. This will ensure the bananas are sweet enough and will yield the best flavor.
This recipe can be made oil free if desired. Swap the 3 tbsp of coconut oil for 3 tbsp of apple sauce. This will yield a slightly different texture, but it will still be delicious.
You can use any plant milk in place of soy milk, however, because soy milk is higher in protein than other plant based milks, it does yield a fluffier bread. If you use a different milk, let us know in the comments how it turns out!
Recipe and All Images: