Bored with eating chicken all the time? Give it an Iberian twist by spicing it up with peppers and chorizo.
When you’re trying to eat healthy, it’s reasonable to expect that to make a sacrifice somewhere in order to ensure that the dish is genuinely virtuous. You know, cutting out foods that taste great to guarantee the right nutrient profile, or spending ages using complex ingredients to tease out a bit of flavour. You’ll be glad to know that those fears are unfounded – you can make a healthy, tasty, easy one-pot dish like this. Just follow the simple instructions to make yourself an Iberian feast.
Ingredients (Serves Two)
- 4 chicken leg
- 50g chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp herbes de Provence
- 570ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp plain flour
- Black pepper and cayenne pepper
- Handful of new potatoes
- Handful of parsley
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chorizo until softened.
- Then add the chicken and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan Add the onion, garlic, peppers and potatoes to the pan and cook until softened
- Return the meat to the pan and stir in the flour, chicken stock, tomatoes and herbs
- Season to taste, then place on the hob to simmer on low heat for one hour
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Written by Coach for Coach and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to email@example.com.