Recipe: Mouth-Watering Sous Vide Lamb Shank
by Tuxton Home on May 18, 2018
Kelly from Kelly's Clean Kitchen shows us how to make delicious Lamb Shank using the Tuxton Home Sous Vide Pot. Try it out and show us your results!
Image by Kelly's Clean Kitchen
- 1 to 1.5 lb lamb shank
- loads of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Remove any excess silver skin fat from the shank (this is the fat that is thin and literally looks silver)
- coat the shank with the tsp of fish sauce
- cover liberally with salt and pepper
- lastly add the smoked paprika and curry powder
- Place in an air tight ziploc bag or suction bag
- Fill your sous vide pot with water and set your sous vide to 160F for 36 hours. When it is done preheating, add your shank and put it to bed for 36 hours!
- Once the timer is up, pull the shank out of the bath and dry off with a paper towel, be careful, the meat is so moist it will probably fall of
- Heat a cast iron skillet or non stick pan to high and add ghee or avocado oil. Sear all sides until browned (1 minute per side)
- Plate and drizzle with the aged balsamic, enjoy!