We love these simple Sous Vide veggie sides you can easily prep in advance of the festivities so you can spend more time enjoying, and less time cooking. Optional taste boost: give them a quick char before serving!
Sous Vide Carrots and Parsnips
Ingredients: (serving size 2)
- 2 large carrots
- 2 large parsnips
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Set up Sous Vide according to instructions and turn temperature to 85°C (185°F).
- Wash and peel carrots, seal in bag with butter, ginger, brown sugar, and salt using either the displacement method or vacuum sealing. Cook in a water bath for 1 hour.
Take carrots out of the bag. Optional: When ready to eat, heat up olive oil in a frypan and brown the carrots and parsnips with a gentle sear-finish.
- Plate on your favorite Tuxton Home plate! We love this bold Cobalt Blue color from our Concentrix collection; it really makes those colors pop!