We love these simple Sous Vide veggie sides you can easily prep in advance of the festivities so you can spend more time enjoying, and less time cooking. Optional taste boost: give them a quick char before serving!
Sous Vide Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients: (Serving size 2)
- 2 cups brussels sprouts (halved, outer leaves removed)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion (quartered, outer skin removed)
- 1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your water bath (in your Sous Vide Pot!) to 85°C / 185°F.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl to combine.
- Transfer ingredients to a 1-gallon vacuum bag and seal. *If you aren’t using a vacuum sealer, melt the butter before adding to the other ingredients. With the top of the bag open, use tongs to carefully submerge the bag into the bottom of the water bath, without allowing any water into the bag itself. The pressure of the water circulating around the outside of the bag will push any air out and form a seal around the vegetables. Using the side of the water container, carefully seal the bag.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the bag from the bath and chill quickly by plunging it into a bowl of ice water. Store refrigerated until 2 hours before serving.
- Optional: When ready to eat, heat up olive oil in a frypan and brown the Brussels sprouts and onions with a gentle sear-finish.
This recipe can be made up to 5 days ahead.