Recipe (Video): Pesto Pasta
Want to maximize your cookware, and whip up something delicious with less time and energy? Tuxton Home products are designed to do just that. Today, we show you how Concentrix Cookware can simplify cooking in the kitchen. Just click the video below to watch how we cook vegetables and pasta at once, and use the strainer in an unconventional way!
(Scroll down to view the recipe)
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA:
• 1 16oz box of bowtie pasta (or other preferred shape)
• 1 10oz pack of cherry tomatoes
• 1 8oz tub of pesto sauce
• 1 handful of fresh basil (lightly shredded)
• 1 gallon of water (for cooking pasta)
• 2 tbsp salt
Optional: Parmesan Cheese (grated)
INGREDIENTS FOR SIDES:
• 1 large head of broccoli (or 10oz bag of broccoli florets)
• 1 medium-sized carrot (sliced into thin discs)
Optional: Salt and pepper to taste
(1) Chop ingredients to instructed (or desired) sizes; Add water and salt to stockpot, cover with lid, and bring to a boil.
(2) Add the pasta to boiling water and stir a few times. Add the steamer insert on top of the stockpot and place the broccoli and carrots into the steamer basket. Cover the steamer with the lid. Cook 8-12 minutes.
Note: longer noodles will require more frequent stirring, so the noodles don't stick together
(3) Check the noodles and vegetables are fully cooked. The method is the same: Cut a piece of noodle or vegetable to see if the center is still white, or nearly translucent. If it is nearly translucent, you are ready to move on to Step 4.
(4) Remove the vegetables from the steamer and place in a bowl. Toss with salt and pepper as desired (Suggested: 1tsp of salt, ½ tsp of pepper).
(5) Save ¼ cup of pasta water in a mini bowl. Place the empty steamer in the sink, and pour the contents of the Stockpot into it. Lift the steamer to drain the pasta fully. Rinse under cool water for a second before placing in a bowl (this will stop the cooking process, and allow the pasta to retain an al dente, or a little chewy, texture.)
(6) Heat the pesto sauce and pasta water in a frypan on medium-low heat (2-4 minutes). Once the pesto is bubbling, add the pasta. Mix well, then serve!
Tuxton Home brings restaurant quality to the home and is guaranteed for a lifetime!
Music by: www.bensound.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.