Recipe (Video): Pasta Aglio el Olio (Spaghetti with Garlic & Oil)
For a quick and satisfying recipe, look no further!
A traditional Neapolitan recipe, Pasta Aglio el Olio uses simple, affordable ingredients that are often found in the everyday kitchen. A popular alternative to the standard tomato-based spaghetti sauce, this dish's quick preparation and delicious flavor makes it the perfect go-to for any occasion.
Click the video below to see:
(Scroll down to view the recipe)
Pasta Aglio el Olio (Spaghetti with Garlic & Oil)
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTA:
• 1/2 lb of linguini pasta (8oz)
• 1 clove of garlic (sliced finely)
• 1 lemon (sliced in half)
• 1 bunch of fresh parsley (lightly shredded)
• 1 gallon of water (for cooking pasta)
• 5 oz olive oil
• 1 tbsp chili flakes
• 2 tbsp salt
Optional: Parmesan Cheese (grated)
(1) Chop ingredients to instructed (or desired) sizes; Add water and salt to stockpot, cover with lid, and bring to a boil.
(2) Add the pasta to boiling water and stir a few times. Cook 6 minutes.
(3) Check the noodles are fully cooked: Cut a piece of noodle to see if the center is still white, or nearly translucent. If it is nearly translucent, you are ready to move on to Step 4.
Note: For an al dente texture, rinse the pasta under cool water for a second before placing in a bowl (this will stop the cooking process, and allow the pasta to retain an al dente, or a little chewy, texture.)
(5) Heat the olive oil in a frypan on medium-low heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic slices and chili flakes (let cook 2-4 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned).
(6) Add the ¼ cup of pasta water, followed by the pasta and the parsley. Mix evenly, then serve!
Tuxton Home brings restaurant quality to the home and is guaranteed for a lifetime!
Music by: www.bensound.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Tuxton Home Blog
Join us for a journey through Costa Rican cuisine. On October 21st, Tuxton Home collaborated with True Nourishment Kitchen (@truenourishmentkitchen) to host Chef Hugo Miranda (@chefhugomiranda) for a Pop Up Brunch in Whittier, California. Chef Miranda delivered an amazing brunch feast, complete with roasted whole pig, charcoal grilled skirt steak, and a creative assortment of sides. Read on for more...