Recipe (Video): French Toast
The Ultimate Recipe for Fluffy French Toast
Check out this magical French toast recipe! Dating back to the Roman Empire, French Toast was introduced to America by early settlers. While the French consider French Toast to be a dessert item, Americans have adopted it as a popular breakfast entree. Whip up this classic meal in a jiffy with the help of Tuxton Home serving bowls and cookware. Click the video below to see:
(Scroll down to view the recipe)
French Toast With Whipped Cream And Mixed Berries
INGREDIENTS FOR WHIPPED CERAM & BERRIES TOPPING:
• 1 chilled mixing bowl
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp confectioner's sugar (a.k.a. powdered sugar)
• 1 handful of blueberries (or alternative fruit toppings)
• 1 handful of raspberries
*Optional: ½ cup of maple syrup (to drizzle on plated french toast)
INGREDIENTS FOR FRENCH TOAST:
• ½ loaf of challah bread (ideally 1 day old for better soaking ability; slice 1" thick)
• ⅔ cups of milk
• 2 medium-sized eggs
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 pat of butter (1-2 tsp to keep frypan well-oiled)
RECIPE FOR WHIPPED CREAM & BERRIES TOPPING:
(1) Pour heavy cream into a chilled mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar and whisk with an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk. When lifting the whisk forms stiff peaks in the cream, the whipped cream is ready.
RECIPE FOR FRENCH TOAST:
(1) Pour milk into a mixing bowl. Crack in both eggs. Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk until ingredients are evenly mixed.
(2) Melt a pat of butter in a large frypan (stove set to medium heat).
(3) Take a slice of bread and soak each side in batter. Leave in mixture for up to 45 seconds. Then place on frypan to toast.
(4) After 40 seconds, flip the bread to toast the other side. After another 40 seconds, remove from frypan and set on a serving plate.
(5) Repeat steps 3-4 until all slices of bread are toasted.
(6) Plate the French toast. Sift or sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Add a generous dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Top with berries and serve!
Tuxton Home brings restaurant quality to the home and is guaranteed for a lifetime!
Music by: www.bensound.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Tuxton Home Blog
Join us for a journey through Costa Rican cuisine. On October 21st, Tuxton Home collaborated with True Nourishment Kitchen (@truenourishmentkitchen) to host Chef Hugo Miranda (@chefhugomiranda) for a Pop Up Brunch in Whittier, California. Chef Miranda delivered an amazing brunch feast, complete with roasted whole pig, charcoal grilled skirt steak, and a creative assortment of sides. Read on for more...